Tuesday, February 26, 2013

GT Experience

GT had passed a couple of weeks ago and my group presented on GT1.


Preparing for the presentation was rather enjoyable, even though my other teammates were chauvinistic guys whom I had never worked with before. Nonetheless we cooperated well, and had a very open atmosphere to voice out any areas that can be improved on. We managed to agree on the style and the way points would flow, and there was a lot of synergy amongst ourselves.

On the day of our GT, I was pretty nervous. To be honest, when the presentation started, I was a ball of nerves. It was a little bit too late for power poses then so I had a little 'power conversation' to myself instead.

'The 'purpose' of the PPQ is important. The 'purpose' is interesting. Everyone wants to know about the 'purpose'...'

Talk about faking it till you become it.


Recording our presentation had really helped as this would be the first time that I've seen myself present. Looking back, I could really see the weaknesses that my classmates had constructively pointed out; namely my fringe and focusing too much on one half of the room. I had also found a few other weaknesses, such as using the laser pointer that I had instead of using hand gestures.

(Whoa! Half the semester has gone past and FOP's up next. Eeks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment